Are you crazy about cooking? Before the quarantine life bores you to death, why don’t you touch up on your cooking skills?
If you are not living under a rock, you will know about CBD or would have at least heard of it. CBD oil is one of its most sold products and are available in different flavors. If you could infuse something very healthy into the already healthy CBD, it will become healthier and the best choice to use during your other cooking ventures.
CBD Olive Oil is as nutritious as it sounds. It is basically olive oil with the best CBD infused into it. Once you make it at home you can use it whenever you want and also try making other flavored or infused CBD oil.
The CBD we use undergoes decarboxylation before it hits the market. This process unlocks the full potential of CBD by converting CBDA to CBD during the heating process.
You have to heat dry cannabis flower in 240 – 295 Fahrenheit for 20 to 60 minutes. You can heat it at a higher temperature for a shorter time or at a lower temperature for a longer time. Keep in mind that you should not overheat.
CBD Olive Oil Recipe
- 3 ½ grams CBD- rich decarboxylated cannabis flower
- One cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 275 Fahrenheit (which is a higher temperature). Cut the dried cannabis flower/ stalk/ stem/ leaves into small pea-sized parts with scissors or tear it with fingers. Spread it evenly across the baking sheet which is lined with tinfoil. Keep the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out the baking sheet and transfer the flower/ stem/ stalk/ leaves into a mason jar along with olive oil. Seal the jar tightly.
- Take a small saucepan and fill it with about three inches of water. Place the Mason jar in the water and mildly boil it for 2 ½ to 3 hours at 275 Fahrenheit. See to it that the temperature of the water does not exceed 211 Fahrenheit. Remove the jar from the saucepan and let it cool.
- Filter out the CBD infused olive oil into a jar using a fine mesh strainer after placing a cheesecloth over it. Gently press the mesh to squeeze out all the oil. Do not squeeze the cheese cloth too much as it might bring out the unwanted flavor of chlorophyll.
Your CBD olive oil is ready! Always store it in a dark cabinet at room temperature.